As a publicly traded company, we understand that defining and formalizing our core values early in our growth will guide us, going forward, on how we develop our business strategies and practices, our corporate brand, and ultimately, our corporate culture and ethical standards.
We believe that our core values define our business strategies and practices, our corporate brand, and ultimately, our corporate culture and ethical standards.
Finjan pledges itself to live by the following core values:
- Investments in technology that further the useful arts and sciences while returning value and rewarding early investments in the same.
- Commitment to professionalism through honesty, integrity, and transparent behavior.
- Fair value methodologies in pricing and terms based upon generally accepted valuation principles.
- Responsive, cooperative, and open communication focused on resolution.
Licensing Best Practices
Standing on the foundation of our Core Values, and in an effort to drive real change in the licensing practices of all entities who assert but do not directly practice their respective patents, Finjan pledges itself to follow these seven licensing best practices:
- Ensure focused licensing and enforcement programs pursuing the provider of the patented technology and not its customers, consumers or end users.
- Conduct reasonable diligence to determine a patent's enforceability and use with respect to prospective licensees, and make that information available to them.
- Respect procedural rights and judicial efficiency in the courts and in the prosecution and protection of IP behind the innovation.
- Be transparent with the intent in each discussion, and articulate the cause and effect scenarios which would prompt a shift in communication and an escalation of each discussion.
- Provide useful facts to prospective licensees and defendants to foster productive business discussions early and often to aid in informed decision- making.
- Offer fair value licenses or settlements based on legitimate factors and considerations.
- Commit to keeping lines of communications open between the patent owner and prospective licensee to preserve a path for the parties to find an amicable solution or resolution for their respective businesses.